Monday, October 27, 2008

Mark McCracken on Reproductive Rights

Some of you have been coming to my site looking for information on Mark McCracken's position on reproductive rights. I know this because the SiteMeter is just that good.

To help serve your curiosity before the election, I wrote Mark to ask him to write a few words on the subject.

Here is what he said:

I am Catholic and my personal / individual beliefs are pro-life. However, I take the strong stance that I will not impose my personal beliefs on anyone else. As I believe in personal rights and responsibility, I will always respect that another person has the right to make their own choices.

I hope this statement helps people understand where Mark McCracken is on the subject of reproductive rights and how he might vote on a bill addressing the various related issues, such as abortion rights, birth control and abstinence education.

I wrote Mark a while ago when the PA Department of Health was deciding to accept Title V abstinence-only funds for the first time since 2003. He wrote back to let me know that he also believes that we need to offer young people the information they need to keep them safe and healthy.

If Mark's response on reproductive rights does not answer your question, than please write your question as a comment on this blog.

No comments: